Source: Adobe/brad Pict
- Get your daily, bite-sized roundup of cryptoasset- and blockchain-related news – examine the stories that fly under the radar of today’s crypto news.*
- After 3 months of average weekly outflows, weekly net flows into digital asset investment products averaged USD in September, the highest amount since May (USD), according to CryptoCompare data. Bitcoin (BTC)-based products recorded the highest inflows from all assets, averaging USD per week. It was followed by Solana (SOL) at USD , which overtook Ethereum(ETH) (USD) in terms of net flows after its first investable product was launched by 21Shares in late July. However, assets under management in BTC-based products fell 7.8% To USD in September, while ETH-based products lost 3%, reaching USD .
- Financial services companies SBI Group, Sygnum and Azimut Group have announced the creation of a venture capital fund of up to USD 75m based in Singapore that will invest in digital asset start-ups. The Fund’s investment strategy will primarily focus on pre-Series A and Series A companies developing blockchain/distributed ledger technology infrastructure, decentralized financial solutions (DeFi) and regulatory technology instruments.
- Crypto Cross-chain Browser Wallet XDEFI has completed a USD 6m funding round. With the new funds, XDEFI will continue its expansion to new blockchains, it said.
- Orlando Bravo, billionaire and co-founder of private equity firm Thoma Bravo, stated that he owns BTC and is “very bullish” on cryptocurrency, according to Bloomberg. Bravo said he likes Bitcoin’s finite offering and that he sees more people using it in the future.
- Zero Hash, a digital assets infrastructure company, said it had raised USD 35m in new Series C funding. The investment round was led by Point72 Ventures alongside NYCA Partners, DriveWealth and others.
- On LinkedIn, paid U.S. Job postings with the keywords “cryptocurrency” and “blockchain” increased by more than 600% year-on-year as of August 1, and nearly 400% at the same time in 2019, Bloomberg reported. Jobs Board has seen paid listings grow by nearly 1,500% since last year. “You will find the most opportunities within the Ethereum ecosystem,” as well as on ecosystems such as Solana (SOL), Daniel Adler, founder of , was quoted as saying. Also, more non-crypto companies are looking for crypto talent, which is “unlike previous years when demand for crypto talent was (almost) limited to crypto startups,” the report said.
- Tigran Gambaryan – who led multibillion-dollar cyber investigations at the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS), including on the Silk Road website and Mt. Gox Hack – joins Binance as vice president of global intelligence and investigations, the exchange said, adding that another former IRS special agent, Matthew Price, is coming on board as senior director of investigations.
- Payment giant Visa has developed a concept that shows how central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) can be interoperable with each other to make payments, called the Universal Payments Channel (UPC). The post explains how different blockchain networks can be connected to each other to enable the transfer of CBDCs, and how Visa can help exchange CBDCs based on different blockchains in the future.
- The Bank of England (BOE) has announced the members of its engagement and technology forums, which include representatives of companies such as Asos, PayPal and Spotify, to explore a potential UK CBDC. Agendas and minutes of the meetings of the forums are published regularly, the bank added.
- The Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ) has announced that it is exploring the possibility of issuing a digital currency, saying that the benefits it would bring would include its possible use as a monetary policy tool. A digital currency should support the New Zealand dollar “as our only unit of account” and be exchanged 1:1 for cash, it said, adding: “Cash is here to stay for as long as some of us need it.”
- Crypto Exchange CoinJar has been officially registered by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as a Cryptoasset exchange provider and custodian wallet provider. The exchange will launch a number of new products in the UK this year, including a white-label service for companies to process digital backend currencies and the CoinJar card Mastercard, which allows users to spend their crypto like cash, online and in-store, the company said.
- The Financial Stability Board (FSB), an international body that monitors and makes recommendations on the global financial system, publishes its new Financial Stability framework for monitoring, supports “the comprehensive, methodical and disciplined assessment of vulnerabilities” of the FSB, and helps identify and address emerging risks to financial stability. It also distinguishes between global vulnerabilities that are currently material, those that may become material in the next 2 to 3 years, and those that may become material over a longer period of time.