Table of Contents Hide
On Tuesday, fintech and payment processor Zebedee announced that the company has raised $35 million from Kingsway Capital, Raine Group, and video game giant Announcing that it has raised $35 million from Square Enix, Zebedee detailed that the Series B funding will help the startup “expand its entire company to meet the needs of the big names in the gaming industry.”
Gaming-focused fintech Zebedee secures $35 million
- Hoboken, NJ-based companyhas raised $35 million from investors, according to a company announcement sent to Bitcoin.com News on Tuesday.Zebedee is a financial technology concept and specializes in integrating bitcoin into the game.
- For example, “Bitcoin Miner,” a bitcoin mining game for Android and iOS, allows users to receive rewards in bitcoins (BTC) handled by Zebedee. Additionally, the fintech company has raised $11.5 million in a September 2021 funding round led by Lakestar.
- Zebedee’s latest funding round was led by Kingsway Capital, but Raine Group, Initial Capital, Lakestar, and Square Enix also participated. Video game giant Square Enix has recently pivoted to non-fundable token (NFT) concepts and blockchain solutions.
- Zebedee detailed on Tuesday that it has created a platform that allows any developer to add programmable money features to their games. The platform allows “anything that happens in the game to trigger a payment, which is sent instantly and at almost zero cost.”
- For example, “when a player shoots someone in a competitive CS:GO match, they can take a small amount of money (e.g., less than a cent) from their opponent in real time within the match itself,” Zebedee explained. The fintech company says it provides API-based tools for software developers and applications for gamers.
What do you think about Zebedee raising $35 million in a Series B led by Kingsway Capital and participated by Square Enix and others? Let us know what you think about this subject in the comments section below.
Image credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons